Sunday, February 5, 2012

Covered

I was covering Daniel's school books the other day and getting frustrated with the wrinkly mess that the plastic wrap was making, when I read Sarah's timely post about how she covered her girls' books with fabric. It was such a great idea; I had to try it.  I decided to make mine re-usable though, because I don't have a lot of nice boy's fabrics in my stash. This way I don't have to make too many either. 

By the way, what is it with boys fabrics? I am so sick of dinosaurs/pirates/cars and planes. Designing a few boy's prints is on my list of things to do this year.

Back to the books: I just cut a rectangle, folded over the sides and sewed them down, and added a ribbon bookmark. 
 



Back to school and kindy on Tuesday then, which means I should have a bit more time for crafting, and maybe even a shop update...

4 comments:

Flower said...

Brilliant! Love this xx

tartankiwi said...

Can't wait to see your boys fabrics! Love these book covers- just great!

Make-do Mum said...

Great idea!

Karlientjie said...

Love it, beautiful fabric!